Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's not easy

The great thing about this blog is that I am forced to confront my financial situation every single day. So even when I am presented with an adorable summer dress that I could wear all the time, I can't pretend that I can afford it. It definitely keeps me in line.

However, it can also drag me down. Way down. And that's where I landed last night.

Even though there is an actual end in sight, it sometimes feels like I'm stuck in a really long prison hallway. There are doors lining the sides, but if I choose to open any of them, the hallway automatically gets longer and the things I really want get even further away.

I know it could be so much worse than it is, but it feels pretty bad to me right now.

I do have a little treat planned on Saturday. I'm going to get my hair cut after four long months. (I believe I'm be getting a GST rebate at the end of the week, which will pretty much pay for it...) I'm hoping that a little pampering might make me feel a bit better about myself and give me some renewed focus and resolve.

In happier news, I became an aunt again for the third time today! My third nephew. I wish I wasn't so far away, because I would like to give the little guy a kiss, but I'll have to send good wishes instead.

Total debt: $9315 and a bit (Interest!)
Spent today: $9.73

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails