Monday, April 28, 2008

Practically free

Today, on a little lunchtime shopping excursion, I managed to purchase 4 tops for $45 including tax. (There is a Joe Fresh dangerously close to my workplace, with dangerously low prices.) Now, I'm planning to return two of them, since they look less appealing post shopping-induced frenzy, but my question to all of you is this: What price doesn't count?

For example, is an $8 t-shirt considered shopping or merely a basic everyday necessity?

During a conversation with a recently spendy friend this evening, we both agreed that pants that fit well (which can seem like an absolute mission: impossible for months at a time) are a steal at almost any price. Unless you already have a closet full of pants that make you feel incredible every time you wear them, how could you possibly turn your nose up at an incredible discovery?

In my current budget-busting climate, I find the only way to avoid buying because the price is just so good is to stay away from malls and fitting rooms altogether. Only today I let my deadline-induced stress take me right to the stores.

Good news - no actual cash was spent! (Plus my credit card has just a teeny, tiny, soon-to-be-paid-off balance. AND I'm taking two of the shirts back for a full refund.)

Total debt: $7515 and a bit
Spent today: $0 (Yes, I know! Plus the credit. Why you gotta be like that?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails