Friday, April 4, 2008

Embracing the buffer

So, I was at the drugstore today, sending a parcel, and I started to panic about my money this week. You see, I have a couple of events to attend tomorrow that require a bit of money, and I had no idea how I was going to fit it into the budget.

And then I remembered the GST money that I received today. My plan was to use it for my haircut tomorrow, but I've decided to charge my haircut (there will be a bit of extra money coming in very soon to pay it off) and not stress so much about spending a little extra this week. And if I have money leftover, which I should, I will put it towards the haircut.

I feel like the small setback on my payment schedule is worth it, because I stopped freaking out in the middle of Shoppers.! (And then I went to my favourite cashier, Beatrice, and she made me smile.) I do need to be fairly hardcore about this whole repayment thing, so I can actually see it through, but I also need to remember to live my life a little.

And life requires haircuts!

Sadly, knowing I had a bit of extra money and that my day at work was crazy busy, I ended up at Starbucks for a cookie and some tea. Does anyone else do this? Comfort themselves during a busy day with treats? Because they feel like they deserve it? I swear, I was on fast forward all day, so I totally stuffed the cookie in my mouth and hardly tasted it! I need some help.

Total debt: $9315 and a bit
Spent today: $23.66

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The key thing for me is that it is a break, you know. Like somehow I can't quite convince myself that just stopping and walking away from my office is a break (just for 3 minutes!!) that I am justified in taking. However, I feel completely justified doing just that if I NEED to get a latte, a milk, sushi, muffin, etc, etc.

Frankly I just need to let go of the guilt and go for a walk.

Does that make any sense? You are not alone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails