Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy 100

According to Blogger, which I trust in that weird way that we trust machines not to make mistakes, this is my 100th post. Isn't that crazy!?

Let's recap, shall we?

In 100 posts I've managed to:

- Pay off about $2300 of what I owe

- Spent more than my weekly budget (by more than a few bucks) 7 times (That's more than I imagined... Must get this under control!)

- Been treated by my generous, blog-reading friends to wine/treats/movies about a half-dozen times (I forgot to mention in yesterday's post about my lovely picnic lunch on Friday with a beautifully-freckled pal. She brought me Starbucks treats, so I wouldn't have to struggle with my usual afternoon dilemma. Delicious and thoughtful!)

- Become addicted to "Till Debt Do Us Part," much to the boyfriend's chagrin

- Had many frank money conversations with several excellent women in my life

Besides just getting my debt-repayment on track and under control, that last one has been the most significant for me. For a long time I sort of existed in a vacuum of shame and denial regarding my debt. I assumed no one else had issues with money and I had no clue how to make it better. Turns out, I'm not alone. A big thank you to everyone who has encouraged me with this blog and this whole endeavor. Not a single one of you has called me up and said, "How could you possibly have been so stupid!?" I was a little afraid that could happen. Because I felt so stupid! Instead many of you have shared your stories and your tips on how to cut corners. I have appreciated all of it.

(I suppose there could be readers out there thinking, "How has she possibly had jobs for more than 20 years and still be in debt?" I also thank them... for keeping their negative thoughts to themselves.)

I feel like this will really happen. That I will ring in 2009 debt-free. (Technically, as far as the blog name goes, I have until March 8, 2009, but I like to be on top of things!)

On that note, I'm going to sign off...and wait until tomorrow to tell you what I spent money on today. (I'll give you a hint - read yesterday's post!)

Total debt: $8715
Spent today: $14.63 (Plus 128.80 on credit)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails