Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Please, Mr. Postman

I have always loved mail. E-mail is okay, but I have a special place in my heart for old-fashioned snail mail. I get a little thrill every night when I check the mailbox. Even if it's just bills, I still like seeing an envelope with my name on it. (That's sick...right?)

And a few times in my life I have received surprise mail presents. Does it get any better than that?

Tonight was one of those nights.

A dear friend who I have known since I was a brand new teenager with permed hair, and who reads this blog, sent me a little note congratulating me on my budget-busting process. And a Starbucks card! So I can still indulge my afternoon treat monster and save a bit of money for the upcoming vacay.

I am both touched and humbled. Do I really deserve such generosity and effort?

Thank you very, very much. Sincerely. Thank you.

Total debt: $8715
Spent today: 38 cents (seriously)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

38 cents on what?

Tammy said...

My deskmate owed me $2, which she paid me back at Horny Tims, and I had to add my own 38 cents to pay for my treat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails