Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lunch misstep

Because we didn't eat at home last night, I decided that I could buy lunch today. Since I "embraced the buffer" this week, I have extra money in my wallet. Let's not talk about my credit card... Not that it's full or anything, but there's a bit of money on it and I prefer to operate with nothing on it. It'll be paid off in a few days, though.

Anyway, back to lunch. Every time I decide I can buy lunch, it feels like a big treat! Then I go out to get lunch and nothing looks appealing. I want to have something healthy, but all of the pre-made salads are inferior to the ones I can make at home!

I ended up at this amazing salad bar. The kind of salad bar that offers a little bit of everything - for a price. It was $1.99 for 100 grams, so I tried really hard to take just a tiny bit. There were a few pieces of chicken, a tablespoon of 7-grain salad, some bell pepper strips, about 1/4 cup of pasta salad and a few other things. IT WAS $7.86!!! I was a little taken aback. Thank goodness it was tasty.

You can bet that I made lunch for tomorrow.

I was also beckoned outside by the lovely weather today and forced to purchase an Iced Cap from Horny Tim's. I am a slave to icy drinks.

Total debt: $9315
Spent today: $10.47

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me guess, Longo's Market salad bar? I once managed to spend $13 on a salad there by loading up a little too much on the cottage cheese!

Tammy said...

That's exactly where I went! What was I thinking!? I was blinded by all the healthy, yet suprisingly heavy, choices.
Back to brown-bagging it for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails