Thursday, July 31, 2008

Three things that make me jealous at a Coldplay concert (or Why I didn't post yesterday)

We saw Coldplay last night. And, despite the fact that we bought the tickets 4 minutes after they went on sale, our seats were at the far end of the auditorium. Why? I think I need to take some sort of ticket buying tutorial, because the traditional method simply doesn't work.

Anyway, three things made me jealous last night:

1. After the poorly chosen opening act, but before the band took the stage, two official looking hipsters sporting backstage lanyards around their necks came up into our section and randomly chose people to fill up a section right near the stage that was mysteriously empty. We were in the middle of the row, so they did not come to us. Bugger. This is how far away we were:



2. When the band ran through the crowd and up into the cheap seats to sing a couple of songs huddled around a microphone, they were among the cheap seats below us. If we'd been one more row ahead in our section, we would have been able to see them. This is what the DP could catch just holding the camera out:



3. I love a good confetti drop. There's something magical about a great moment and confetti floating down on you from above. I am never under the confetti. And I wasn't under the mulit-colour mylar butterflies last night, either:



All that said, it was a great show and I had a thoroughly good time.

Total debt: $5469 (but just for one more day...)
Spent yesterday: $24-ish
Spent today: $3-ish (I had to buy emergency deodarant when I forgot to put some on!)
Weekly total: $98-ish (Oops...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tam, someday you're going to be under the BEST confetti EVER!!!

PS - LOVE the new pic!

Arlene

Tammy said...

I hope you're right! And thank you. I'm wearing my "magic dress" in the photo. Every time I wear it out, strangers stop me on the street to tell me how pretty it is. It's weird. I generally can't even get a block from home before it starts. How's that for $30 at Winners about 3 years ago!

Anonymous said...

That IS the prettiest dress ever! I've admired it myself, I know. Your weekly spending tallies freak me out some. You are doing SO well -- I am so not. Eek. :-)

Anonymous said...

Still, must have been good. I saw Coldplay in Manchester last year. One of the best concerts I've ever been to! So much energy - Chris Martin is like a kid who drank too much ribena!

Related Posts with Thumbnails