Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ye olde weekendy times

I am having such a lovely, lazy Sunday afternoon. It's absolutely gorgeous outside, so the apartment is wonderfully sunny, and yet there's enough of a breeze that I'm not the least bit hot. It's the kind of weather that makes me glad we never put in our air conditioner, because I may have arrived home from the gym overheated and instinctively turned on the air, meaning I would have missed the joy that is a warm summer breeze.

The DP is out at the movies with a friend, so it is just the cat and I lounging around.

Truth be told, there are many things I should be doing. I'm supposed to be working on some freelancing, and the floors are begging to be swept. The kitchen is slightly disheveled after a spontaneous baking episode and there are tons of pictures to be downloaded and shared with the world.

Instead, I've been working on the big, 5-board sudoku from yesterdays paper. And I'm trying really hard not to feel guilty about it!

It's so hard to take pure downtime, isn't it?

Anyway, I've been remiss in my weekend blogging, so you all deserve a bit of an update.

Friday I did not bring my lunch to work. There simply wasn't very much food left in the refrigerator! I probably could have scrounged something together, but I thought I'd welcome in my budget reset day with a treat for lunch. Trouble is - I so rarely buy lunch that I get a little over zealous. In the end I spent $6.34 on some yummy golden curry that I got to eat in wonderful company. Not too bad, but I could have done better.

Yesterday we did all the chore stuff: finished the laundry and went grocery shopping. Then it was off to meet everyone at Medieval Times! It was very fun, but between trying to organize everyone and get us all in on time, I was way over stimulated. Then there were horses and knights and jousting and dinner that we had to eat with our hands... It was crazy! And I blame all the excitement for my insane lack of judgement when I purchased a drink in this souvenir mug:



Of course, there were no prices listed on the drink menu. I knew it would be pricey, but I assumed the mug was plastic, so I didn't think it would be too steep.

It was $19!!!

Sigh. Alas, I am now the proud owner of a pretty shiny mug that I've decided should be the birthday mug, from here on in. Whoever is having a birthday in the household shall drink from this mug. Hopefully we can keep it for the decades to come, thus amortizing the ridiculous cost.

All the Medieval Times stuff was on credit - to be paid off in less than a week - so the following numbers are only my weekly cash budget.

Total debt: $5999 and a bit
Spent Friday: $14.77 (Lunch and some groceries.)
Spent Saturday: $39 (Groceries)
Spent Sunday: $0 (Lazy lounging is surprisingly free!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails