Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Autumn is in the air (or at least at the mall)

I came home from work today to find a little present outside my door. The August issue of Fashion magazine! I can't recall if I've mentioned this already in the blog, but one of our lovely neighbours has a subscription because he is a graphic designer and one of the ads he designed runs in the magazine. But, despite being a gay male, he has no use for a fashion magazine. (See, not all stereotypes are true!) So he just tears out the page that has the ad and then leaves the magazine outside our door for me.

Isn't that ridiculously nice!? They truly are the kind of neighbours we all dream of having.

Anyway, the first cover line I noticed when I picked it up was "First look at fall," and I got really excited! When it comes to outfits, fall is my favourite season by far. I love me a cozy sweater and a great pair of trousers. Plus the colours are always so gorgeous and rich - perfect for a brunette such as myself.

I flipped the mag open and landed on a page of must-have "trends" for fall. Immediately I decided that I need to have a dark purple purse this year. (Perhaps I'm still hung up that over-priced H&M bag I saw a few days ago.) My second thought was, "Damn! Skinny jeans are still in and they continue to make this pear-shaped girl look like an ice cream cone."

The third thing that I noticed was plaid.

Since when is plaid such a "new trend" in the fall? Don't they trot plaid out each and every year? In fact, I can't even think of a year that plaid didn't somehow figure into the fall scheme.

So there you have it. Joy, sadness and confusion. It's almost time for fall clothes once again. A Joe Fresh visit today (where nothing was purchased) already showed signs of the impending cold weather gear. In the end, I'm just trying to figure out how to work a little fall fashion into the budget, because I'm desperate for a new pair of boots! And maybe a few other things...

Total debt: $5999 and a bit (But I'm happy to report that the freelancing is starting to pick up quite a bit!)
Spent today: $6.85 (An afternoon treat, plus all manner of paper products at the drugstore.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I haven't checked the blog since I started my world-wind ... I'm super impressed that you're down to $5999.... that's awesome Tammy! That totally justifies the $19 Medieval Mug of Supreme Extravagance!!!! ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails