Friday, August 1, 2008

Introducing...

My new phone!




It flips! It has cute rings! (I've chosen an accordion piece, so it sounds like I'm eating a baguette just a hop, skip and a jump from the Louvre every time someone calls.) I got to choose "wallpaper" for the inside. (A serene pond scene.) I'm a little bit in love.

I know, I know. I'm WAY behind the times. I mean, my google ad is sometimes for iPhones and my new toy doesn't even come close. But let's have a look at what I just retired:



Can you understand my excitement now?

Anyway, I have a bit of money news to share. Since I am getting closer and closer to finishing this thing off once and for all, I asked the DP how he would feel if we put a pause on my monthly payments to him, until this other sucker is gone.

Quick aside: If you're just tuning in, the DP gave me a very generous loan last year that allowed me to pay off my line of credit, so I could concentrate on the student loans. He hasn't charged me any interest and I've been making regular monthly payments to him since then. I COULD NOT HAVE DONE ANY OF THIS WITHOUT HIS HELP! I can't even express how grateful I am for his help. And I'm proud to say that nary a cent has gone on my line of credit since then.

He agreed, because he is pretty much the best DP on the planet. (And he does laundry!) So hopefully we'll all see this number go down even faster. Major SHOUT OUT to my DP. Thank you, thank you, thank you, my love.

We're headed north in a couple of hours, so I'm not posting a "spent today" total just yet. I'll give you the weekend total upon our return.

Happy August long weekend everyone!

Total debt: $5149 (Should be under $5000 by next weekend, if all goes according to plan)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I have the same phone. It works fine and I've had it for a year now.

Anonymous said...

I think I love the fact that it's this modern piece of technology with an old-style clock on the front of it. Looks cool!!

Tammy said...

It's totally cool! I heart my new phone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails