Thursday, July 3, 2008

My vacation continues

It has been a bit of a rough day. After several years of not eating a meal at most "fast food" places ("Supersize Me" really got to me. Why would I want to eat questionable meat and french fries that don't mold even if they end up under the seat in your car for three years?), the DP and I each had a fast food burger and shared some fries.

I cannot tell you how gross I felt this morning. I'm still not 100%! I don't want to go into the gory details, but let's just say that my body was extremely unhappy with my choice. And it let me know how unhappy. Never again. It's just not real food.

Anyway, back to happier things.

We had a wonderful five days up north! It flew by, but at least there was plenty of good weather. Here's where we were:



And one of the many gardens:



We weeded and planted and read and ate an astronomical amount of oatmeal cookies. (The DP's mom made THREE batches while we there, just to keep up with our consumption!) We also took a little side trip to Wiarton:



While there, we visited an amazing garden centre on a beautiful property:



There was also a bakery on the premises, where I may have purchased a pineapple carrot cupcake with cream cheese icing. And some fudge. And obviously lots of pretty flowers. Good photo backdrops:



And the DP just got an incredible new digital camera with 8 mexapixels. I am in LOVE:



But on to the money, which is really why we're all here. I didn't do a good job of keeping track, but I can tell you that I came home with about $35 in my wallet. I spent all of that on groceries today, but that should help cut down on next week's grocery bill. I'm not sure what I spent the rest of it on. A magazine. Food. Drugstore supplies.

I'm still off work until Monday, so I'm hoping to have a few great days when I don't have a mystery meat hangover!

Total debt: $6639 (Damn interest! But tomorrow that number is finally going down...)
Spent today: $35-ish
Weekly total: $90

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails