Monday, July 21, 2008

I can go the distance

Something seems to have shifted since I made that last loan payment. It's like I've turned some sort of financial corner.

I suddenly feel like I can see the finish line.

I get that it's still far away. I understand that I still have to be diligent and that there are hard times ahead, but it doesn't seem impossible anymore.

I think I got my second wind!

(Have I spoken entirely in cliches? Whatever. You get my drift.)

And the funny thing is that I don't feel like I really deprived myself. Sure there were moments that it felt excruciating, but overall I'm still leading a full, happy life!

However, there was a mall trip at lunch today and I did experience GREAT BIG WANT at Banana Republic. Lots of want. Major, major want.

But then I remembered the goal and I thought about how nice it will be to see a number that goes up every month instead of down. That will be so sweet.

Of course, if the DP and I win one of the grand prizes in tomorrow morning's Heart and Stroke lottery draw, I will immediately be done and happily in the red. And maybe even house hunting before noon. But I promise to come back and blog all about how to not squander a million unexpected dollars.

Total debt: $5564 and a bit
Spent today: $2.19 (Sour cream for our perogies! Yum.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on turning that corner! The end is near. :) But I think you should use those winnings to get yourself happily in the black, rather than the red. ;)

Tammy said...

Yes, of course. Black. Gee, does it sometimes surprise people that my job is to find other people's mistakes?
Thanks Christina! It's good to know a lot of editors.

Anonymous said...

Not to worry -- I screw up cliches and idioms all. the. time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails