Sunday, July 6, 2008

I wish Sunday were more like "Sundae"

Oh how I have the dreaded Sunday night feeling. It's a double Sunday night feeling, too, since I was on vacation last week. Sigh. Summer nights make the feeling even worse, because they're so lovely. Why do we have to work when the weather is so nice!?

(I also don't think we should have to work when the weather is awful... I should really be independently wealthy.)

Anyway, it was a lovely weekend. Yesterday the DP and I finally hung the living room curtains that we bought months ago! Then I had coffee with my former deskmate who runs this excellent blog. And she - bless her heart! - brought me beauty swag! New mascara, TWO new curl products, eye shadow, THREE kinds of lip gloss... I was reminded of my old life full of fun swag. Thank you!

Then, after getting some groceries, the DP and I went to see "Get Smart." Funny, but I'm not sure it was worth $12... Although I do want to BE Anne Hathaway. Or Agent 99. Or a secret agent. Or maybe all three.

We spent the gorgeous day today at the Distillery District, wandering around and trying not to buy expensive, delicious-looking, calorie-laden baked goods. And we succeeded! We did splurge on an iced tea from Balzac's and a curried chicken sandwich from one of the bakeries. Yummy.

And there's good news in the immediate debt future. August is a three paycheck month! (Cue the trumpets and the hallelujiah chorus.) And since the first paycheck is on the 1st of August, I don't have to put rent money aside until then. So I can make a second big loan payment in July. But then in August, I'm going to put a few hundred dollars aside for September, because my mom is coming to visit me for a couple of weeks and I'll have a whole week of vacation time with her in the city, so I want to have money so we can go and do stuff. But it should all work out. You should see how I study my calendar and do the equasions to see how my debt will reduce. It's kind of a sick obsession. But I guess it's working!

Total debt: $5999 and a bit
Spent yesterday: $58-ish
Spent today: $3.50

1 comment:

Janine Falcon . BEAUTYGEEKS said...

Funny -- being independently wealthy is on my life list, too. I think I need to focus the wish more, though: I mean MONEY, Universe, MONEY! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails