Monday, July 28, 2008

Lying low

Woke up this morning feeling awful in that special way that only girls get to feel. Know what I mean? So I worked from home today, which involved watching Daphne (currently being referred to as The Schmat) nap for hours at a time, only to wake up and relocate to continue napping. What a life. As I type she's once again napping on the floor next to me.

Got some very exciting mail today - the September issue of Canadian Living. My health story (How sick is too sick to go to work or school?) is promoted on the cover and then again in Susie's editor's letter. This is the article I am most proud of to date. It's a nice-sized feature piece that was my idea and that I worked really hard on. So if you've been waiting for just the right reason to run out and buy Canadian Living, now's the time! Or, well, in a week or so, since I don't think it's hit the newsstand just yet.

Since I am feeling much more human this evening, albeit a little stir crazy, the DP and I took at trip to the new chocolate shop that has opened dangerously close to our apartment for some ice cream. One scoop of coconut and one scoop of chocolate hazelnut. Pretty yummy, I have to say, but the evening breeze was even better. Our little apartment seems extra warm tonight.

They named the new Maria tonight. I wasn't really pulling for either of the final two. Not that they aren't talented! I just didn't think either of them fully emodied the character for me. And when they brought all the top ten girls back for a group number, I was reminded of how lovely Allie Hughes was. I think she would have been stunning in the role! Alas. I'm sure good things will come to all of them. Every episode I would sing along and the DP would say, "You wish you were up there, don't you?" And I would honestly answer no. The ten years I spent in that world, from community theatre to theatre school to professional stuff, was enough. I never ever want to once again be judged on my performance ability alone.

And let's not even talk about my stage fright! A live show!? I'd be in the bathroom having nervous diarrhea when they came back from commercial.

But maybe that's too much information.

Tomorrow I will rejoin the land of the living and head back to the office. But just for three days...

Total debt: $5469 and a bit
Spent today: $4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the Maria judge that was charged. Thoughts?

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/469131

Tammy said...

This has been the gossip of the day! I have suspected him of being on drugs of some sort since the first studio show. He's so twitchy! So, sadly, I'm not overly surprised by this. I just feel bad for Elicia. His indiscretions (or criminal actions...) shouldn't overshadow the fact that she worked her ass off for the past six months. That they ALL did!

Related Posts with Thumbnails