Monday, July 7, 2008

To shoe or not to shoe...

There may have been a little lunchtime visit to Winners today. And I may have been tempted by a particularly cute pair of sneaker flats. By Nanette Lepore of all labels! (Not sure why I am suddenly in love with everything they make.) And they may have been selling them for the low, low price of $24.99. Any my lovely deskmate may have encouraged me to buy them...

Let the record show that I did NOT buy the shoes. That I tried them on, paraded around the shoe department admiring my cute feet, and then put the back on the shelf.

They were a total steal, but is something you can't afford in the first place actually a steal? Or is it just a mistake? I didn't need the shoes. I certainly could have worn them with several outfits and they certainly would have looked adorable. But I would have been fooling myself if I claimed to need them.

I know what I need. I need to not have anymore student debt hanging over my head. And those shoes are only going to take me further away from that goal.

Total debt: $5999 and a bit
Spent today: $1.25 (A mid-afternoon treat, much needed on the first Monday back at work!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails