Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good readin'

You ever have one of those days where you get sort of a slow start and before you know it you've been completely unproductive and it's almost noon? And no one can suddenly pull productivity out of their ass after lunch, so the whole day kind of grinds to a halt and you're left just counting down until you can go home? Because surely just being home will ignite a sense of purpose in you. But then you eat pancakes for dinner, followed by an intense sugar crash that leaves you stranded on the couch unhappily watching reruns and staring at the pile of laundry that needs to be folded?

You know - one of those kinds of days.

That's me today. I guess I was destined to pay for Monday.

I did get addicted to a new blog today. Dooce.com was introduced to me by one of the ladies I had drinks with last night and I've already thanked her for it. It's pretty fascinating for a small-time blogger like me (not that I don't appreciate y'all) to imagine a life where both me and the DP could quit our jobs because my blog is pulling in so much money! Check it out if you're so inclined. She's also a great photographer, so all the photos are stunning.

Maybe I should post more photos...



This was our brilliant solution to s'more making sans campfire late on July 1st. The toaster oven! And despite the serious lack of ambiance, they were the best s'mores ever, because the chocolate actually melted. If you are in the s'more making mood, but there's nary a fire pit to be found, I highly recommend this method. Let's call them Urban S'mores, for the wildernessly-challenged child.

Total debt: $5999 and a bit (but just for one more day)
Spent today: $8.88
Weekly total: $81.34 (Applause please! Some of the extra went to laundry changed, but I still have $5 in my wallet. Perhaps I'll go in search of ice cream...)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails