Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A sweet post for sweet people

First of all, you guys are AMAZING! Between my beloved loyal readers and all the friends I coerced through Facebook, I've made almost $19 TODAY! Putting my current total at almost $30. Guys, that rocks. Thank you so much. And feel free to continue to click.

And since you've been so good with the clicking, I am now going to attempt to write about happy things in hopes that you all be able to click on something exciting. (The ads are directly linked to what I write about!)

Which is why today's post is about baking.

I love to bake. My love of baking probably comes from my love of baked goods, particularly in their unbaked form. Yup, that's right. I eat the dough. And to all you naysayers out there, I have been eating dough for over 30 years now and have never developed any sort of adverse reaction.

Anyway, when I get it in my head that I want to bake, nothing can really stop me from achieving that goal. Which is how I found myself skipping a trip to the gym tonight and heading home with a fresh block of butter and a bag of chocolate chips.

Cookies are, hands down, my favourite food. And chocolate chip cookies are at the very top of the list.

I may have mentioned that I make a damn good chocolate chip cookie. Award-winning even. Really. We had a chocolate chip cookie bake-off in publishing school. (I know, book people know how to have fun! Hey, at least it wasn't a spelling bee. Wait, we had one of those, too...) There were about 8 different chocolate chip cookies competing for first place, including a rather spectacular shortbread chocolate chip variety, but I took home the prize.

Quick aside: One of the girlier girls in the class - the type that is always on a diet - actually complained about having to try all 8 cookies. I'll just never understand how some people's brains work.

So tonight I indulged my urge to bake and, therefore, my urge to eat. Now I am full of sugar with little hope of sleep. It's a small price to pay for so much joy.

Total debt: $5564
Spent today: $7.78 (Baking supplies!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails