Saturday, March 29, 2008

When the lights go on again, all over the world...

I feel guilty having my computer on tonight, but we did observe Earth Hour, plus a couple of extra hours for good measure. It was nice to see all the candlelight in the apartment buildings around us, but some of the Richie Riches in the fancy condo across the way were still burning brightly. Dumb asses.

The boyfriend and I celebrated with a candlelight picnic dinner - no electricity required! 'Twas quite loverly.

Today there was a happy outcome from all the expensive adventures in dentistry last month. All the "points" on my credit card meant $30 free groceries. Yippee!!

(I suppose that was really the second happy outcome, with the first being the end of excruciating tooth pain.)

Met some wonderful women for brunch this morning. Even after my early complaints about this particular banana-bread serving brunch spot, I've been back twice since then. The food is SO good! And I've just learned to have my cup of tea at home, so I don't have to pay $4 for it.

So brunch, groceries and a DVD were what I spent my money on today!

Total debt: $9260 and a bit
Spent today: $57-ish
Spent yesterday: $2.17 (a post-blogging, late night run to Kinkos to print off some stuff for a freelance piece I'm working on. We really need a printer!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails