Thursday, March 27, 2008

Please play again

When I play the lottery, I like to imagine what the big story in the paper would be if I won. This one would have been good: In debt blogger hits the jackpot! It's the kind of things people would have gathered around the water cooler to chat about.

(Does anyone actually gather around the water cooler anymore? Or is it more about sneaking out of the office to hit Starbucks?)

Obviously I didn't win. I checked my ticket on the way to work this morning. (Not that I don't like my job, but why would I work if I could be at the bank paying off my debt and then hitting Holts?) Then I felt stupid for spending $3 on the ticket.

What kind of price can you put on hope? Maybe $3 is a deal considering the bit of joy that I got out of imagining how I would tell the boyfriend. What do you think?

Total debt: $9420 and a bit
Spent today: $11.47
Spent this week: $73.53 (Under! But I'll be using the extra to buy birthday cards for the cornucopia of family birthdays on the horizon.)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

New baby Sutherland will make SIX of us in a several week span! SIX Aries! Insane!

Related Posts with Thumbnails