Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pretty, pretty please!

I went out for a quick walk this afternoon (To buy a lottery ticket. You just never know when your numbers are going to come up!) and finally felt the delicate whiff of spring in the air.

It was intoxicating. And it made me want to shop.

I can never really decide if I like to shop for spring/summer or fall/winter more. I suppose the truth of the matter is that I'm in the mood for one in March and the other in August, so there are no favourites here. There is just the love of new clothes.

Are you the type that has to wash the new clothes before you can wear them? Not me. In fact, I am always disappointed after I wash them for the first time, because they never seem to look as fresh and crisp as the first time I wore them.

(Probably because I seem to be crap at doing laundry. My clothes always have detergent marks on them and I can't iron well to save my life. If I do win the lottery tonight, I will be employing a laundry service for the rest of my days.)

When the boyfriend wears something new for the first time, he always asks me self-consciously, "Does it look too new?" This I do not understand. But then again, I am not keen on new clothes that look old and worn out. They're just sloppy looking.

All this to tell you that I really, really, really wanted to stop at the mall on my way home and buy myself a few fresh new things. I am incredibly tired of my winter clothes (and of winter) and long for something sunny-coloured and happy-making.

(Maybe I'll have to make a little room in the budget sometime soon... Although I also have to get my hair cut!)

Total debt: $9420 and a bit
Spent today: $10.78 (A couple of groceries and that lottery ticket...)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails