Thursday, March 6, 2008

Money leftover!

As I may have mentioned before, working in magazine publishing means you are surrounded by all sorts of lovely, glossy mags. Truly. The company I work for has subscriptions to pretty much every magazine I would buy on the newsstand. And I would buy a lot!

Now, the magazines generally go to accounts that I don't work on, so it's not like I get to scoop up the latest issues as they arrive. But every once in a while, the accounts clean house and an email goes out announcing a free for all before the recycling gets picked up.

I'm not picky about old magazines. I love them! I'm smart enough not to take my fashion tips from them, but otherwise they are a goldmine for brainstorming freelance ideas.

So I picked up a healthy pile today and was flipping through a Marie Claire from 2002, which conveniently had a 7-year horoscope article. Perfect!

I determined that my ancient Aztec sign is a Crocodile and found out that 2004 and 2008 promise to be years of completion and satisfaction. Well, 2004 was when I went back to school, which was the best decision I ever made in my life, and 2008...

Suddenly I'm optimistic about the year ahead...

Total debt: $9990 plus a bit more
Spent today: $0
Weekly total: $85.10 (I still have two toonies in my wallet!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh. What the heck does it say about me, I wonder. I could use a little hope :P

-Sissy

Tammy said...

I'm afraid it doesn't say anything about 2008 for you, Sissy. You're a Reed. It does say that you moved to the head of the class in 2004, and dazzled the world with your bold ingenuity.
I bet you did!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I want in too... I could use a little pick me up!!

Tammy said...

Okay Carly, you are a Dog and it says that in 2003 you could move, and in 2005 you'll see some significant work-related developments.

When did you guys move to Toronto? And when did you and Janice get married?

Anonymous said...

OK, in 2003 I left teaching and moved into TO so I could go to UofT... so that works!

We got married in 2006 and engaged in 2005...

2005 was the year I got my first real librarian job so that sounds about right...

cool! thanks tammy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails