Sunday, March 16, 2008

Living it up

I am very sorry I didn't post yesterday, but it was a busy day. A full day of spending money and napping, if you will.

First off was a birthday brunch for my lovely friend in from Montreal. That was followed by an extended afternoon nap (I'm catching up from something or other. I was completely knackered!) and then an evening of party hopping - and therefore drink buying - and a taxi home.

I really don't know how people go out as often as some people do, because those nights out are not cheap! Perhaps they don't have loans or maybe they don't buy groceries or something.

Anyway, as suspected, I have already spent more than my usual weekly total. I will do my best to have a few spend-nothing days in the coming week, to offset my spendy ways.

Worst thing I received in the mail this week? My statement telling me how much interest I paid on my big debt last year. A whopping $945. Almost a thousand dollars!! It makes me nauseous to think of all the interest over the years. And sadly, because it's a student line of credit from a bank, the interest isn't tax deductible. Bad, bad news.

Total debt: $9520 and a bit
Spent yesterday: $40-ish
Spent today: $53 (groceries)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails