Thursday, March 20, 2008

Buried treasure?

So, one of the main ways I keep track of all my bills and major expenses is to use my daytimer. On every payday I write in what needs to get paid and check them off as I pay them or when the money comes out of my account. It's the same stuff on the first and last payday of every month. I know it's not rocket science, but it helps me.

Anyway, for some reason I added my metropass to last weeks payday, even though it comes out on the 4th of the month, so it's always in the last payday of the month. Meaning I have an extra $100 in my bank account!!

Okay, let's tone down the celebration a little bit. It's obviously not extra money. It's just money that I didn't realize that I could put on debt. So I'm going to do that right now. Wait here.

(Hold music. This is my blog, so your hold music is the 2007 Broadway cast album of Company. Raul Esperanza....mmmm...)

(If you have absolutely no point of reference for that hold music, you can listen to Burt Bacharach's classic hit "Raindrops keep falling on my head." Bet you can't help but bob your noggin from side to side during that one.)

And done! So my debt is now closer to $9000 than $10,000. Small thing, I realize, but significant to me.

What I'm really here to tell you is that I will be unable to blog for the next couple of days. I'm heading north to a place the internet can't reach. (Not entirely true. I am headed north, but just to a place where there is no internet access because the homeowner doesn't own a computer and therefore has no use at all for the internet.) I will hopefully be too busy breathing fresh (albeit cold) air and beheading innocent chocolate rabbits to spend any money.

However, I promise to keep track of the cost of any glossy mags or on-sale Easter chocolate that happen to fall into my hands.

Happy Easter everyone!

Spent today: $8.16
Total debt: $9420 and a bit
Weekly total: $161.85 (YIKES!)
Tea and sweets challenge: 2/4 (I need a cookie intervention!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails