Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1 - So far, so good!

I had a triumphant start to the February Fitness Challenge! (Let's call it the FFC from here on in.) I tore myself away from my desk after an interview with Canada's favourite handyman, Mike Holmes, and hit the gym. Here's how I fared:

5 minute jogging warm-up
35 minutes of weights, focused on lower body
5 minutes of high-intensity intervals on the StairMaster
Stretching, so I can walk tomorrow

It's a very good beginning and so far I think February is pretty okay. It helped that my evening included a meeting with my book club to discuss The Old Man and the Sea (which I really enjoyed) and then a viewing of The Lovely Bones (which was passable, although not nearly as good as the book and in need of some serious editing). The movie left me totally creeped out, though. I practically ran home from the subway through my very, very safe neighbourhood.

Oh, by the way! There's been some interest in my FFC. I say, "the more, the merrier," so do join me. Post your own daily results in the comment section and I will root you on! (Pssstt... If you didn't get to it today, there's always tomorrow...)



(This is totally you and I battling it out! But in a supportive, friendly way.)

2 comments:

Care said...

You should get Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred video - it's great. There are three levels of workouts and they are each 20 minutes long. We picked up a copy at Best Buy for $12 in our efforts to get beach ready for an upcoming wedding. We love it! It's just really nice to do a quick workout without the hassle of going to and from the gym, or having to commit to a specific time. Plus on days where you're feeling a little gloomy you can do level 1 and still feel good about yourself, and then on your super energy days you can do level 3 and feel like a rock star! I recommend!

Tammy said...

Care, as soon as we are in a situation where we don't have downstairs neighbours, I will be all over this. As it is, they are a bit too trigger-happy with the noise complaints and I am not the most delicate of exercisers.
I expect to see some bikini/speedo beach shots of both of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails