Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 16 - Stretching it out

Oh, this morning was so incredibly February! Do you know what I mean? I actually feared that a bout of seasonal affective was on its way in. I just felt blah and sluggish, despite a sound 8-hours of sleep. And I had trouble focusing my brain at work, which led me to have two morning cups of tea, which isn't normal for me.

So ask me how excited I was to go to the gym?

The worst part about the blah, seasonal affective feeling is the total and complete lack of energy. Like, the very thought of changing my clothes to work out seems incomprehensible. (This must be what people who suffer from serious depression feel like all the time. My hats off to all of you who have survived this dark place.) So I decided that a yoga class was the best thing for me. I'd skipped my stretching all weekend long, so I knew my body could use a bit of lengthening.

Of COURSE I felt much better afterwards. And I sailed through the afternoon and into this evening, where I came home and made yet another new recipe (Bulgarian Lentil and Vegetable Stew from my Moosewood Cooking for Health book - YUMMY and so colourful) and then some more carrot muffins and cleaned the whole kitchen. The Husband is now boiling up a big batch of steel cut oats to carry us through breakfasts for the next week. So I'm feeling healthy and happy and glad that I gave myself this crazy challenge this month. I haven't coped this well with February in years.

Mmmmm... perhaps I need a March challenge?


(We did this in class today. HARD!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails