Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 4 - Just barely

Okay, so we all know that being a girl allows us to have more wardrobe choices, the ability to multi-task and the permission to cry at sappy television commercials. All good things. But we also know that being a girl comes with some dark, awful territory.

Yep. I woke up with some serious cramps. The kind that occur when the lining of your uterus sloughs off. And the thought of actually getting out of bed, showering, putting on clothes and going to work seemed almost impossible. So you can just imagine how I was feeling about even the concept of exercise.



But, dear readers, I felt a true obligation to all of you and to myself. And at noon I dragged my myself over to the gym, encased myself in spandex-y workout wear, and performed the bare minimum: 30 minutes. I spent 15 minutes on the treadmill running high-intensity intervals (I'm still having trouble believing that I managed that) and then I climbed aboard the cross-trainer and did a much more gentle 15 minutes of intervals there. I didn't even really stretch. I was done. I was released.

They say that the endorphins from exercise can actually help with cramps and I did have a few good hours post-workout. Until about 3:30pm, when the sloughing began again. I could not rush home to the loungey pants fast enough!

Four days down!

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Good for you Tamtuk! I had a similar experience with exercise today. Forced myself to go to the gym, the whole time thinking "I could just turn back and go home." You know how usually once you get there that feeling goes away? Not today - even as I walked in I was thinking about how I could turn around and go home. But I didn't - and I feel much better for going!

Related Posts with Thumbnails