Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 11 - Thank goodness for celebrity tabloids

I know this is going to come as a shock to all of you, but I... didn't want to go today! Seriously. Apparently I never desire better health and a smaller behind enough to actually want to work out. Sort of depressing, no?

But of course I went. And it was cardio day, so I grabbed some old issues of People from the pile at the gym and hopped on a stationary bike.

(I have a ridiculous amount of magazine subscriptions, because it's my business and I LOVE them, but I don't subscribe to or generally read entertainment tabloids. It's all lies. I believe nothing. However, I will happily flip through them at the supermarket or while trying to get my cardio done.)

I've often read that stationary bikes aren't really your best choice for cardio, because you're just sitting down rather than moving your whole body like you do running or stair climbing. So when I was setting up my program on the bike, I chose to workout at level 12, which is smack dab in the middle of the levels. Often I will choose level 8. Level 8 seems to be my default setting. But I thought I would get more out of it at level 12.

Friends, I was huffing and sweating and struggling through the hills! (I also set it to random. I avoid long, steady-state workouts most of the time. Better results with intervals!) All I could think was, "What the hell is level 24 like!?" Thank goodness I had faux celebrity gossip to get me through.

So: 30 minutes of cycling and 10 minutes on the cross-trainer.


(This is where I wish I'd been biking!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails