Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 5 - Scheduling issues

I was a little worried all week about when I would make it to the gym today. Because I had lunch plans with a friend, so that was out, and then I was heading out after work to join the Husband's farewell party. (He got a new job that starts on the 16th, so he SYTYCDC crew was bidding him adieu.) I toyed with the idea of getting up early and going before work, but I knew that was unlikely, so the only real option was after work before joining the fete.

Now, I had only met a few of the Husband's work peeps, because it seemed like every time there was some sort of event, significant others weren't included, so I obviously wanted to look cute. Meaning that post-workout frizzy hair wasn't an option. So, once again, if I hadn't made this little pact, I for sure would have skipped the gym. Instead, I went in and worked out!

5 minutes warm-up on cross-trainer
20 minutes weight training
5 minutes of stretching

And then I took my time fluffing post-workout and my hair still looked quite good for the event. It's all possible!

This was also part of my day:


Representatives from SeaWorld came in to promote the park and they brought two penguins and a two-toed sloth. Then penguins waddled all over the office, charming everyone, while the sloth clung to its trainer and looked strangely Alf-like. All in all, a good Friday at work!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Uh, you seriously had penguins wandering around your office? Man, I need a new job... hiring?

Tammy said...

Yes, truly there were penguins. But, sadly, this is not an every day event. Sometimes it's llamas...

Related Posts with Thumbnails