Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 12 and 13 - I am (reluctantly) rocking this challenge!


I'll admit that I may have whined a bit about having to go to the gym yesterday. First to some colleagues and then to some random woman in the change room. My instinct was actually to get down on the floor like a disgruntled toddler, stamp my feet, bang my fists and shout, "I don't wanna!"

Of course, since I am sensible grown woman (and have self-inflicted this ridiculous challenge), I just complained. And since I also knew that I couldn't be left to my own devices, due to a serious lack of motivation, I hauled my ass (which, by the way, isn't getting any smaller during this crazy stint, because I am eating like a Canadian who needs an extra layer of warmth to get through winter*) to a one-hour Body Pump class.

In case you're not familiar with said class, it's endurance weight training. So each song targets a different muscle group and you just work the shit out of that muscle group until you want to cry. And then you move on to the next muscle group. It's actually an amazing workout and I was super proud of myself for showing up and putting in the effort.

Today, after I mastered some new stitches (and making gathers!) in my sewing class, I spent some cardio time at the gym while watching the ski jumping trials. You know what? Ski jumping looks kind of easy to me. Which, of course, means that it's really, really hard. Because generally all those things in life that look easy are impossible. (I've just talking myself out of learning to ski jump.) Anyway, I ran some intervals for 10 minutes and then did 25 more minutes of intervals on the stair-climber, before stretching and doing some abs for about 5 more minutes.

And, since the Husband is out of town until tomorrow morning, I spent my afternoon familiarizing myself with the mysterious world that is Fabricland, while buying a pattern and some fabric and notions. Then I hit a matinee of "Precious," which pretty much broke my heart.

Tonight, mending my sad heart with some puttering and prep for my first Valentine's Day as a married lady! Looking forward to having the Husband back home. (I'm going to try to sneak to the gym first thing, before he arrives.)

*Yes, I do realized that our winter has been crazy easy. There's hardly even a trace of snow on the ground and the "storm" we were supposed to get last week never materialized. But still I am putting treats in my mouth at every turn. Maye a treat hiatus should be next month's challenge?

1 comment:

Acadian Librarian said...

Bodypump IS crazy intense! You go girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails