Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 26 and 27 - So close now...

Phew! I have had a busy couple of days, running all over the city. But all of it good, fun stuff. Here's your recap:

After a bit of a luxurious sleep-in yesterday, I packed up all my stuff and hit the spa! I had every intention of doing a kick-ass workout for you guys before I started the relaxing part of the visit, but the lure of the jacuzzi and the tea lounge was so strong. So I eked out my half hour, with about 15 minutes of it spent on the treadmill walking/running, 10 minutes doing some weights and 5 minutes doing some ab work and some stretching.

Then I got down to the real reason I was there. It was pretty fantastic, I'm not going to lie! Although I'd forgotten how many really wealthy people go to this spa and how out of place that makes me feel. I tried to blend in, but then I managed to spill an entire mug of green tea on an upholstered chair in the lounge and squirt body lotion all over my robe... Oh well!

After FOUR lovely hours at the spa, I took myself to Fresh for lunch and then went to return something at Jacob. Only I ended up exchanging one thing for two things... Funny how that happens!

This morning was sewing class #4 and we made zippered bags:




Isn't it awesome!? Next week we actually start on our skirts. Although I won't be able to take the class until the following Tuesday night, since I'll still be recovering from having my eyes manipulated with a laser!

After class I rushed home and had a quick bowl of soup before meeting up with a lovely group of women and taking a road trip to Aurora to meet the newest member of our posse:




Just a week old, she was the perfect hostess, peacefully sleeping while we passed her around. She even yawned and made unbelievably cute little baby noises, which made all of us squeal with glee. Oh, and she gave us a peek at her dark grey eyes. Such a beauty!!

Once we made it back to the city, I went to get groceries because there was very little food left in our house. I finally arrived home at 6 P.M., exhausted. But I still had something to do...

Remind me why I started this crazy challenge again?

On top of being tired, it was raining. I did not want to go to the gym, but I knew I wasn't motivated enough to push myself at home. Plus I really wanted to finish the challenge strong! So I headed to the gym and managed to spend 60 whole minutes on the treadmill doing run/walk intervals with increasing inclines. It was tough, but I did it. And now there's only one more day...

Tomorrow I will announce my March challenges! (Yep, there's more than one!!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails