Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 3 - Namaste

Today's FFC entry was an hour long yoga class that was suitably challenging and soothing all at once. You know, I used to do at least one yoga class a week, but in the past few years it has fallen off my radar. I figure that if I'm going to change into workout clothes, I want to burn some calories! And yoga just doesn't help in that department.

The thing is, ever since I first started running many years ago, all of my natural flexibility started to go away. My muscles got shorter. And even though I always stretch at the end of my workouts, it's just for a few minutes and it doesn't really cut it. Lately I've been noticing a lot of pain in my body - hip flexor issues and major upper body tension. Pain that I am too young to have!

So I'm going back to yoga! At least once a week. And I will admire the good triceps all of those plank to floor to cobra poses give me.

(I can do this one)


(I cannot do this one)


But there's something else I wanted to share with you guys tonight! In my ongoing effort to make this February fabulous rather than freezing and funk-inducing, I am starting an intro to sewing class on Saturday morning! I'm taking the class at The Sewing Studio and I'm super excited. My mom is an incredible seamstress, but my junior high foray into this crafty endeavour ended in two broken sewing machines and a pair of pants that were reminiscent of the Gorden Gartrelle episode of The Cosby Show. (Anyone remember that one?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay to both the return to yoga and to sewing! Two of my favourite things

Paronomaniac said...

Yoga you say...I just started running (like really just started - last Sunday) but my leg muscles have been SO SORE despite gobs of stretching. I just might have to investigate this yoga thing all the kids are doing. ;)

Tammy said...

Jen, yoga will help, but so will more running. Your legs will get used to it - I promise!

Related Posts with Thumbnails