Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 20 and 21 - Mixing things up and taking it outside!

I knew this weekend was not going to be very social, because I'm going for a laser eye surgery consult tomorrow, which means I had to wear my glasses all weekend in preparation for the exam. My glasses are neither cute nor the right prescription, so in addition to being stylishly challenged by wearing them, they also give me headaches and make me feel disconnected from the world. Blech!

I still managed to have a great weekend, though! It started with sewing class. (Don't tell, but I totally put my contact lenses in for about three hours on Saturday morning, because I am very vain.) We made adorable drawstring bags! Here's photographic evidence of my accomplishment:



Pretty! (I picked the fun fabric out myself. The balloons should be vertical, but because we made it on the fold, they're horizontal. I'm okay with that, because at least I know what "on the fold" means now.)

A close up of my fantastic sewing skills.


The final result being used for an actual purpose! What could it be?


Eh, voila! A darling wine bag that any hostess would be happy to receive! (But maybe I'm biased...)


After class I hit the gym and divvied up my cardio into 10 minutes chunks, to combat gym-fatigue: 10 minutes running on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the stair climber and 10 on the hard cross-trainer. Done and done! I hightailed it out of there without any real stretching or ab work, I confess. (I am SO lazy with my abs. Mostly because I know that cut-off tops of any sort are no longer ahead of me in life. However, I find that a lot of standing or walking makes my lower back really tired and achy and I'm sure it has something to do with my mushy abs. Sigh!)

Much of my afternoon and early evening was spent having a rockin' house party for two with me and my BF's youngest child. He's a total character and we had fun watching part of a movie, dancing and drawing. Favourite quote of the day came after I suggested he draw a dog: "I am an artist, but I do NOT draw hard things!"

Here he is finally managing to play with my cranky cat a little. Daphne usually hisses at him, but this time she actually batted around the ribbon a bit. An Olympic effort for this feline!



This morning, with the weather report promising 5 degrees of sunniness, the Husband and I bundled up and set out on one of our favourite big walks, first through the enormous cemetery across the street from us and then along a ravine. It was our Olympic walk and we were in motion for about an hour and 40 minutes! So I more than filled my movement quota AND got a much-needed day away from the gym. Yippee! Also, even though our shoes were caked in mud by the end, it was a beautiful walk.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails