Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2 - Thank goodness for the FFC

I am not going to lie. Something about the February-ness of this day made me lethargic and, well, blah this morning. If I hadn't publicly challenged myself to the FFC, there's no way I would have made it to the gym. But I dragged myself over at lunch and turned my day around with a little exercise. If that sounds annoying, I do apologize!

Here's what I did:
5 minutes of jogging to warm up
15 minutes of upper body weights
15 minutes of intervals on the bike (while reading the "Sexiest Man Alive" issue of People, which I found in the bin at the gym)
5 minutes of abs and stretching

My afternoon was infinitely better than my morning and I'm choosing to credit the workout for that. Now I don't feel guilty that I'm parked on the couch waiting for "Lost" to start!!

I...ummm... have a thing for Sawyer.



This is very strange for me, because I normally don't experience celebrity lust. And when I do, it's more often for the clean-cut, smart (read: sorta nerdy) guys. But there's something about Sawyer... (And I freely admit that it's the character of Sawyer that makes my heart pitter patter rather than the actor Josh Holloway, about whom I know nothing.)

Who is your celebrity (or fictional) crush?

4 comments:

Acadian Librarian said...

Good for you! I'm still battling a head cold so I am cutting myself some slack right now.

We should share workout playlists - I find the right music always helps.

Celebrity crushes are also few and far between for me. But Mariska Hargitay (SVU), Kate Winslet and Angelina when she eats...

Lois said...

I'm in love with Adrian Brody and John Malkovitch, who Natalie Moore just told me was on her flight back from LA, so he's in town! Trying not to stalk him. Wonder where he'd hang out in our city??

Sarah said...

I am a little obsessed with John Cusack... obviously. Also, a little bit of Angelina Jolie. Hmmm, interesting.

Tammy said...

Carly, as much as I love my music, lately I'm all about podcasts when I work out. Particularly "This American Life." I find the stories so engaging that the time passes really quickly.
What's your fave workout tune?

Lois, I fully get the Seth Cohen thing, but Malkovitch...? Did a particular movie spark the attraction?

Sarah, I had a long obsession with Cusack or, more accurately, Lloyd Dobbler, but then a makeup person on a commercial shoot in 2000 told me he was a total dog and it kind of ruined him for me. (I hope I didn't just ruin him for you!)

My other celeb love is John Krasinki. Also, understandably, his alter-ego Jim.

Related Posts with Thumbnails