Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 9 - Near derailment

So, remember yesterday's post? Where I said I was going to get up super early and hit the gym before work? Well, that dream died late last night as I lay awake in bed for way too long. There comes a point when I'm going to get so few hours of sleep that it's just not worth it to get up early.

This morning I hopped out of bed, had a shower, took two bites of oatmeal... and threw up. (I know I'm a newlywed, but I promise you that I'm not pregnant!) I promptly sent an email to work and crawled back into bed.

My biggest worry was stomach flu, particularly since a lot of people around me have been hit of late. But it seems to have just been something I ate. We were short on spaghetti sauce last night ad so we added some salsa that was in the fridge. Neither of us could identify how old it was, but it smelled okay...

Anyway, I got some rest and by this afternoon I seemed to be mostly okay. I ate some toast without any problem. So then I started to worry about the FFC. I knew that there was NO way I could drag myself to the gym, but I didn't want to miss a day.

And then I had a brilliant idea: YOGA! I have a dvd here, which has an easy workout on it that's just 35 minutes long. I took it really easy, but it felt good to stretch and move a bit after a day of napping and cocooning.

Hopefully tomorrow will dawn with a better tummy and some renewed energy, because I have A LOT to catch up on at work and there's still 18 days of this challenge to go!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails