Thursday, October 30, 2008

You gotta have friends!

Can I just say, all of you are SO helpful! You're so full of great advice every time I ask for help. And one of you went above and beyond for me this week!

It's regarding my recent need for ski wear. A loyal reader and a lovely friend (Hi!) sent me a note to tell me that Costco sells a ski outfit every year for a really reasonable price. And then she offered to go and pick one up for me! "Don't worry if you need a different size or don't like it," she told me. "I can always bring it back or exchange it for you."

Seriously!

So she brought me the suit today. (I work with this lovely reader/friend, although sadly not quite as closely as I used to...) It's awesome! The medium is a teeny bit tight on my hips, but the jacket has one of the those two-way zippers, so I can just undo it from the bottom a wee bit and voila! She picked a gorgeous colour combo too -chocolate brown with light blue and white accents. Very chic. (The DP said he really like the colour...and then told me I looked like a big poo. What's wrong with boys?)

The best part is her incredible timing - tomorrow is the last day that I can return the Columbia jacket to Winners for a full refund. Ta dah!

Wait, no the best part is that the jacket I'm returning was $135 with tax and the ENTIRE SUIT was $94 with tax. SCORE!

I'm so happy and so grateful. This is my very public THANK YOU!

(And, just so you guys understand the full extent of her generosity, she also found men's ski pants on sale for $24.99 and has offered to pick a pair up for Jamie! I'm so lucky.)

Perhaps it was the knowledge of this great deal that lead me to Joe Fresh at lunch... where I purchased a pair of $6 glove and a $29 sweater. (Very cute raspberry coloured cardigan that will be a great layering piece all winter! she says defensively.) Alas, I'm a little over for my week, but a bit of the long-awaited money will trickle in tomorrow, so I promise there will be a new number for y'all.

Total debt: $2731
Spent today: $50-ish
Weekly total: $148.66 (Whoa!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails