Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And the winner is...

I had such a good night. Sadly I missed my choir rehearsal, because I was at my first travel/tourism event for the new magazine I'm working on. It was a swanky - and delicious - dinner put on by Tourism BC and full of reps from ski resorts all over the province. There were many interesting conversations about skiing and just life stuff that we all have in common as human beings. Plus I won a cozy sweatshirt from one of the resorts as a door prize.

But then something unbelievable happened. When it came time to pick a winner for the grand prize - a 4-night ski vacation in BC, including accomodations, air fare and lift tickets - they picked my card.

THEY PICKED MY CARD!!!!!

I still can't believe it. So then I had to go up and pick a card from the hat to determine which of the resorts I would be going to. And I picked Whistler!

So, the DP and I were planning on a tropical vacation this winter, but instead we will be heading west and strapping on some skis. (And taking a beginner lesson or two, because I haven't skied in a really long time!) Oh, and when I mentioned that my family is all in BC, they said they could book the flights so that we could extend our stay in Vancouver.

I don't know what I did to deserve such a happy thing, but I'm going to grab it and not look back!

Total debt: $2731 and a bit (Still no money in the mail!)
Spent today: $7.33 (Food stuffs)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yaaaay! I'm so glad you'll be coming for a visit :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!
The power of wishful thinking! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats kid. We will all be looking forward to your visit.

Anonymous said...

Now that is Karma baby, Karma! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Yey, does that mean i'll get to see you guys again soon! When are you here?

Related Posts with Thumbnails