Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My lid needs to be flipped. Or something!

Once again I find myself in a hairdo dilemma. The latest cut by a mid-range stylist, which was done back in August, just isn't growing out nicely. It's not awful, but neither is it good. There's something wonky about the way she blended the left side of it, so it never sits as well as the right side.

Plus it's getting boring again.

So I called to find out if my original (read: expensive) stylist is back to work yet. The poor woman, who is actually a couple years younger than me, hurt her back earlier this year. The bad news is that she's STILL out and will be out the rest of the year. (Obviously I realize that this is doubly - or even triply - bad for her. But let's focus on me, since this is my blog.)

What to do? I'm very ready to shell out some dough for a haircut that looks good longer than three weeks, but who can be trusted?

I think I might try a salon that's a little edgy - all the better to banish boring hair - and that a few of my friends have been to in the past...

The date is set for next Friday. Stay tuned!

Total debt: $2731 and a bit (I'm so booooorrrreed of this number!)
Spent today: $6-ish

2 comments:

Crissy Calhoun said...

have you already booked an appt somewhere? i went to the Aveda Institute for my last haircut and it was $35 for the cut with an experienced student. And I really like my cut (which, admittedly, is totally simple).

Tammy said...

That's where I went early last summer. I really liked the cut, even though it was noticeably longer on one side... But it didn't grow out nicely at all. I had to get it cut again in a mere 6 weeks.
I have an appointment at a fancy, funky place. We'll see how it goes. Pricey haircuts may have to stay on my "Required Indulgences" list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails