Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend's end

Oh Sunday evening, how I wish you would never end. (Better yet, I would rather you didn't arrive in the first place!)
A little more of a weekend recap for you, as promised.

Friday evening was a spent with a wonderful group of smart, funny women. My favourite kind! We ate, we debated, we shared and we watched a mediocre romcom. ("Made of Honor" with Patrick Dempsey. The best part was Michelle Monaghan's wardrobe. Full of adorable outfits!) 'Twas a perfect end to the week.


(And even though we all contributed to the evening, our host insisted on giving me $3towards the rental, even though it was part of my contribution. She's an avid reader - Hi there! - and knew that this coming week would be tight. A sincere thank you.)

Saturday was a whirlwind of activities, starting with an early morning gym visit, followed by laundry and groceries. Then we went to see the concert, so you already know that part. And then the DP took me for dinner, which was yummy, before we hit one of the Nuit Blanche exhibits, which was disappointing. But we consoled ourselves with a Julia crepe (Raspberry jam and dark chocolate) from the excellent Crepes a Gogo, which we ate while walking all the way home. My feet were tired by the time we arrived, but the DP indulged me in a foot massage to make up for it.

Today was a day for work, but in a good way. I had some freelancing stuff to do, plus a bit of tidying around the house. And the DP and I made about a million cookies for his coworkers. They're very busy now that the show is in full swing, so homemade cookies are a good way to keep morale high.

Now it's time to think about making some dinner and packing up for tomorrow. Alas, weekends can't last forever. (Although next weekend can last for three days!)

Total debt: $3564 and a bit (I'm stuck! But I'm waiting for money...)
Spent Friday: $20.49 (The $15 I had already spent on Thursday, plus the food for the potluck, minus the friendly movie contribution.)
Spent Saturday: $20 (Groceries! We were very frugal, since neither one of us will be home very much.)
Spent today: $0 (Although I charged over $70 at the drugstore. Sadly yesterday was 20X the points, but I didn't get around to realizing how much stuff I needed until today.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails