Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Do you know what I asked myself several times this afternoon while taking a streetcar across the city? It was this: Costume or real clothes? Because it's not always apparent who is costume and who isn't on the 31st of October in Toronto. For example, funky patterned tights with striped leg warmers and silver sneakers. Most likely real clothes. Shiny spandex leggings and very large, backcombed hair. Probably real, but you never know. Full 70s basketball uniform. Costume. I hope.

We just got home from hanging out with our friends and their two kids. At one point it was just me and her three and a half year old son on the porch, waiting for more kids. He was still wearing his adorable blue alien costume (Stitch from Lilo and Stitch) but was completely tuckered out and sitting on my lap. I asked him if he had a good time trick or treating.

Stitch: Ya. But not the haunted house. I didn't like the haunted house.
Me: You'll like it more when you're older.
Stitch: I think I'll like it when I'm 14 years old.
Me: Really? Not when you're 13 years old?
Stitch: Nope. And when I'm a million years old I can touch the whole sky.



!!! Isn't that profound! (Or have I just had too much candy?)

Total debt: $2731 and a bit (No new number. The trickling money is even slower than I thought it would be.)
Spent today: $0 (Lots of free pizza and candy. Now I'm taking my tummy ache to bed!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails