Saturday, October 25, 2008

Red, red wine

Last night the DP and I had a bit of wine with our dinner. I stopped at one glass, but he poured himself a pretty sizable second glass. The outcome: We were asleep by about 10:30pm. Aren't we wild and crazy!?

The early turn in turned out to be a good thing, since I was up early this morning and ready to tackle some freelancing that needs to be finished before work on Monday morning. It probably sounds crazy to some people, but I am way more focused and productive first thing in the morning. By early afternoon I'm only good for tasks rather than anything involving strenuous brain work.

Anyway, it's been a day of errands. We got some groceries (I successfully avoided going into Joe Fresh, even though I desperately wanted to. No more self-sabotaging! I've got a goal to reach.) and I made some soup. The DP is doing the laundry and I just finished cleaning the kitchen. All this so I can go OUT tonight!

That's right. The girl's night that I had to postpone last weekend due to my overwhelming feelings of...well...being overwhelmed, has been rescheduled for this evening. And I'm really looking forward to it. It's with my "new" friends. (Hello, if you're reading this!) I met them standing in Indigo, waiting for David Sedaris to read back in the summer. We managed to meet for drinks shortly after that, but since then our lives have completely gotten in the way. Tonight we have our second "friend date." I'm feeling pretty confident that it will go well.

Tomorrow, there must be a gym visit. And more laundry (towels and sheets). And more writing. And in the evening I will have to devote some time to being jealous, since the DP gets to go to the SYTYCD US concert! And he can't bring me!! (In case I've never mentioned it, he works on the Canadian version.) Sad. Very, very sad.

Speaking of shows, how am I going to NOT sabotage my master plans, yet still afford to go and see Sound of Music? Because I keep hearing it's really good!
Hmmmm...? More freelancing, perhaps? (Where, oh where, is the money in the mail?)

Total debt: $2731 and a bit
Spent yesterday: $17.23
Spent today: $56.55

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails