Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A wonderful dilemma

The only problem with winning a fabulous ski vacation to Whistler when you haven't even looked at a ski hill in close to 20 years, is that you need to buy a lot of stuff in order to go.

Such as:
- a ski jacket (Since I'm a city dweller that prefers indoor winter sports, I haven't owned a sport winter jacket since I was in early high school.)
- ski pants (If I'm going to enjoy full days on the ski hill - and I do plan on enjoying them - I will need to be toasty. And dry.)
- ski gloves, a touque, some sort of muffler
- ski goggles (You need goggles, right?)
- ski socks

Um, this is starting to get expensive.

Today I found a Columbia ski jacket in a cute shade of green at Winners for $119. My coworkers assured me that this was about half the price they normally are, so I bought it. I figure it will come in very handy up north and that I'll probably have it for many years to come. For the other stuff I'm hoping to hit some boxing day sales. Or pre-holiday sales. Or just luck out and get more of it at Winners!

Any suggestions?

Total debt: $2731 and a bit
Spent today: $0 (Cash, that is. Of course I charged the jacket...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,

After reading your blog, I see that you know a lot about personal finances and give excellent advice on spending. I love your quick tips and money links you post frequently. I'm also insanely jealous that you are going to Whistler!

Anyway, I wanted to reach out because I work on behalf of a nonprofit (NEFE), who just launched a site called Spendster.org. So far the site hasn’t been released to any of the major media yet because we wanted to reach out to expert bloggers like yourself to see if you wanted to cover it first. It is basically a site designed for people to confess their spending mistakes via video, photos, etc. If you see Spendster as something your readers would be interested in, I’d like to work with you and see what I can do about featuring your review in the “featured bloggers” section of the site.

Of course I have a ton of information, but didn’t want to bombard you in an email! Just let me know if you need more information. Also, feel free to check out the site here or click here to view the release.

Thanks – and keep up the awesome blogging!

-Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails