Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gold in them hills (but not in my mailbox)

I'm running back out again this evening, because the darling DP got us free tickets to see Ron Sexsmith. We're both fans, although I'm a bit of a newer fan, so I don't know a ton of his stuff. But what I know - I really like! We're particularly excited because one of his special guests is Meghan Smith, who is one of our current faves. The DP received a sample of her EP through work and we're hooked. She's sort of a down home Norah Jones type. I can't wait to hear her live!

So, sadly, still no money in the mail. I wish I could be very zen about it and just believe that it will come when it's supposed to come. But that's not so much my style when it comes to cold hard cash. I earned it and now I want it!

Okay, in lieu of a big fancy post, since I need to change my clothes and run out the door, here's a link to a cute little piece I wrote for Slice.ca. Happy reading!

Total debt: $2731 and a bit
Spent today: $8.98 (A birthday card, an afternoon treat, and a meatball sub, which I just inhaled.)
Weekly total: $105.48 (A few bucks over, but I think they were leftover from last week!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tam - I have just gone through that entire Cake Wreck website... I'm sure I've been at it for about two hours. And screaming the whole time!!! OMG some of those cakes and her comments are hysterical. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of all that fun!

Tammy said...

Isn't it hysterical! I'm so glad you're enjoying it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails