Sunday, October 26, 2008

There's good news...and bad news...

The Yorkdale mission was, I'm happy to say, a complete success! Meaning that nary a cent was spent (by me) while in the mall. I just enjoyed doing a bit of browsing, seeing the new Crate & Barrel, helping the DP buy a couple of new shirts, and appreciating how much they've improved their bathrooms in the past few years. (As someone who pees before she leaves home and then again as soon as she arrives somewhere, and then again about every hour after that, I really appreciate good facilities.)

The DP and I were marveling at home much the mall has changed over the years. I lived only one subway stop away for 7 years, so I used to hang out there quite a bit, and he said it was his respite from York during his university years. It was always big, but now it's a behemoth and sort of fancy. There are certainly plenty of upscale stores that I can hardly even afford to browse through.

I experienced plenty of want. In fact, I didn't even contemplate going into Jacob, because I was in there the other day and saw at least a half a dozen things I not only wanted, but also believed that I needed. Funny thing is, my life is still ticking along fine even without them.

This was one of my many wants in C&B:

I'm not in love with this pattern, but I really enjoy the shape of the chair. And the ottoman. I adore an ottoman.

Anyway, the bad news part of this blog is that I did spend money today. I broke down and bought Japanese food for dinner, since the DP was on his way out to have fun without me and I couldn't bear the thought of the cooking and then the cleaning and blah, blah, blah. So I got my favourite: Combo #1. It comes with miso soup, a few California rolls, chicken teriayki with rice, shrimp and veggie tempura, and an orange. It was mostly yummy, although the chicken in the teriayki was overcooked to the point of being inedible. That's extra sad, because normally I would just take a bite or two of that dish and then save the rest of it for lunch tomorrow, because, hello, combo #1 is SO much food!

So, I can't deliver the zero I promised, but at least I didn't come home with a new chair. It all evens out in the end!

Total debt: $2731 and a bit (Could there be money in the mail this week!?)
Spent today: $12.42

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails