Sunday, June 1, 2008

It never gets easier

Apparently I'm having a hard time sticking to my blogging on the weekends. Luckily it's because I've had lots of fun stuff to do!

After a morning trip to the grocery store with the domestic partner (where we had our second expensive grocery week in a row - even with the $20 worth of free groceries that I had earned), I headed out to Dance, Dance, Party, Party for the first time ever with one of my oldest friends. So Much Fun. I felt like a little kid at a playground burning all my extra energy. A total steal of an event for $5!

Last night we went out to celebrate another friend's birthday. Since this lovely lady lives in our neighbourhood, it couldn't have been easier to get to the event. It was literally at the restaurant closest to our house! We had a great time.

This morning I headed out with my old friend again, this time with her wonderful husband and gorgeous kids in tow, to watch her little girl's last dance class for the season. So cute! I probably took two dozen pictures.

Anyway, lots of fun stuff, but much money stress this weekend. After the groceries, I was only left with about $35 for the rest of the week. And I still needed to pick up a prescription (I have to pay the dispensing fee) and some other indispensable drugstore items. Plus DDPP. And I have plans on Tuesday night that I did not want to cancel, since I've had to cancel repeatedly on this person for various reasons. So when I went out to pick up the drugstore stuff today, I panicked and took out my credit card.

I'm not overly concerned, since I'm getting another freelance check next week, plus it's my big loan payment next week, so I can always borrow a bit from that to get my credit card back to $0. (Don't panic! It's only at a couple of hundred right now.)

But I hate to take anything away from the important thing I'm trying to accomplish! I must reign in our grocery shopping next weekend. I'm not sure why we're buying so much! Berry season?

Total debt: $7036 and a bit (DAMN INTEREST!! Back to the 7s, but just for the week.)
Spent yesterday: $60-ish
Spent today: $15.50-ish (Not including the charged stuff.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails