Friday, May 30, 2008

Goodbye, again



I am a tad bit melancholy post SATC, but not because I didn't enjoy the movie. In fact, I loved the movie. I laughed, I cried, I coveted a few dresses. Including these:




I'm a little sad because I feel like I had to say goodbye to the characters all over again.

Does that make me crazy? Or just overly sentimental towards fictional people?

I understand that I could watch those awful, truncated reruns any day of the week, but this movie likely marks the end of the stories. And I already said my goodbyes to the foursome once before! So it feels somewhat difficult to do it again.

I think I'm PMS-ing.

Anyway, my favourite part about the series (the only TV series for which I would like to own the huge, entire series box set, because I would watch the episodes again and again) was always the love story between the friends. The way they supported one another and fought with each other and laughed, cried and struggled together. It was just really beautiful to me.

As much as I love and adore the domestic partner, I cherish my female friends on a whole other level. It's important never to lose sight of that.

So tonight I am raising my cosmo (Sadly just a glass of water in real life, but it
could be a cosmo for all you know. Except that I just told you...) to all the wonderful women far and near that I have in my life. You are all sparks that keep the fire in my heart continually burning.

Maybe it's okay to let Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte go, because I'm lucky enough to have the real thing.

Total debt: $6999 and a bit
Spent today: $1.25 (Movie treat!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails