Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm working it out

Yesterday evening I was out with some of the lovely ladies that I did my post-grad degree with, so my late arrival home meant that I never got around to blogging. It happens!

Anyway, I hadn't seen one of the ladies in way too long, and little did I know that she is a fellow blogger. She's also a fantastic jewellery designer! Check out her blog and drool over her creations. (Try using the links to various types of material to see some of her wares.) I am going to put "Buy pretty jewellery from pretty friend" on my post-student loan to-do list!

This evening the DP and I took a trip to the gym. Did I tell you guys that he finally joined my gym? And they're giving us a "couple's rate," so I'll actually save a couple bucks a month. PLUS I finally got them to do the proper paperwork to give me the corporate discount that I can get because of the company I work for. I looked into this last year and the guy at the gym sort on intimated that it was going to be more paperwork than the discount was worth. And for some reason I just rolled over. Just like that! (I am in dire need of assertiveness training. I seem to have an instant politeness override.) Turns out that the corporate thing saves me $2 a month! $24 a year!! That isn't small potatoes. That's, like, several cheap T-shirts at Joe Fresh!

Anyway, the paperwork is done, the DP and I worked out together tonight (way more fun that going alone), but we missed a few of the routines on SYTYCD. Luckily they re-air the show repeatedly all week long, so I'm not too worried.

Okay, I need to crawl into bed and finish "Me talk pretty one day." That David Sedaris is one fu*#ed up motherfu@%er, but he makes me laugh.

Total debt: $6600 and a bit (Gah! I'm stuck there for another week or so. I'm beginning to hate the number.)
Spent yesterday: $13.93 (Kitty litter and treats.)
Spent today: $1.05 (A single orange almond biscotti from St. Lawrence Market. Yum!)

1 comment:

Ghostface Knittah said...

Woo-hah! Thanks for representin' G-Uknit, kid! I must say you've really inspired me to keep track of where my $ goes. Since I've decided to stop shopping, hopefully this won't be as painful as it seems!

Related Posts with Thumbnails