Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Raindrops keep falling on my head

I didn't quite finish yesterdays post until just now. Here it is:

I don't like a rainy day. Unless I am allowed to curl back up in bed with a good book and a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies. In that case, rain is welcome. Generally the only thing that gets me through the rest of the rainy days is the fact that I can wear a good pair of jeans and a cozy turtleneck sweater, which is definitely a preferred outfit in my world.

So you can just imagine how I feel about hot rainy days.

By far, this is my least favourite kind of weather. I would rather venture out in a blinding snowstorm than face the gross wet humidity of days like today. (Although, considering the lingering winter we have only just gotten rid of, perhaps I shouldn't push my luck.)

There is no such thing as a good outfit on a day like today. You are doomed to have wet feet and legs if you dress for the heat, or just be sweaty if you dress for the rain. Neither option appeals to me.

Which is why I wimped out at lunch and opted to not walk to the gym in the rain.

However, I was desperate to get away from my desk for a bit, since we are finally experiencing a bit of a lull at work, which is great on one hand, but makes the days realllllly long on the other.

Where did I go? Why Winners, of course! The three feet between their door and our door means I didn't have to wear a jacket OR put up my crappy umbrella. Perfect!

Not perfect. I pulled out the credit card AGAIN! However, it was not an impulse purchase, but something I truly do need. And for a fabulous price. I finally got a decent umbrella. $9.99, ladies and gents. It's one of the cane umbrellas, meaning I can't stuff it in my purse, but it also isn't going to turn itself inside out if a gust of wind thinks about attacking it. It is a pretty teal blue colour with wee white polka dots. I feel justified in the buying. (And I swear the credit card will be emptied on Friday and put to rest for a while.)

Had a little outing this evening - went to a $4 movie with one of my lovely coworkers. We saw the new Narnia film and it was really enjoyable! Although the tiny theatre was very noisy. I think there were a couple of language classes on an outing, which meant many whispered (and not so whispered) translations. Oh well. For $4 I cannot complain.

And I'm happy to say that it was raining when we emerged, so I got to put my new umbrella to the test! It was impressively sturdy and much larger than my other umbrellas, so I was a happy camper indeed.

Total debt: $7036 and a bit
Spent today: $12.55 (plus the charged umbrella)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails