Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Smilin'

Good news! I tried out a new dentist today, since it was time for a cleaning and I'd vowed not to return to crass Mr. "Are you a pole dancer?" again. I went to the DP's guy and am happy to report that everything about the visit was enjoyable. Well, as enjoyable as going to the dentist can be.

The chair massaged me during my cleaning. How good is that!?

Plus my bag of free stuff included not only a new toothbrush and floss, but also a full-sized tube of toothpaste! That's the kind of swag a budgeting girl can get behind. Now if I could just find someone to give me a new tube of my favourite Kiehl's straightening lotion...

Speaking of hair, I have to tell you all something. I'm getting it cut tomorrow. When I last got it cut, I neglected to think about the long-term consequences of the style I chose - namely that having short hair on the back of my head requires upkeep to prevent an involuntary mullet. I've been struggling to style my almost-hockey-hair for a couple of weeks now and finally determined that getting it cut is the only answer.

But you all know how expensive my stylist is. Which is why I normally try to wait as long as possible between visits. When I've got ponytail hair, this isn't a problem.

I don't currently have ponytail hair.

Anyway, I pondered how to proceed, particularly given the fact that I really don't have $100 to spend on my hair right now. And I came up with an idea. Hopefully it's a good one!

But I'm going to save the story for tomorrow...

Total debt: $6600 and a bit
Spent today: $0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that we currently have the same hair style? Not the mullet of course though.

sweetpea said...

I'm scared! I don't like "wait to see what happens' hair stories... it sounds like it might involve a 'suck and cut'......

mmmmmm Kiehl's. I have to stay out of that place, they get me every time. Is it the Silk Groom that you use? I think I used that when I had a style that required straightening to look just so.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails