Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Dad's Day

Tonight is a big TV night for me, so I thought I'd try to blog beforehand.

Had a crazy weather day - three thundershower intervals between sunny blue skies. Weird. Luckily I headed out before any of the active weather this morning on a big run. It was the perfect morning for it - sunny and warm, but with a bit of a breeze. The route took me through all sorts of gorgeous trails and then spit me out in Mount Pleasant Cemetery.

For those of you not in the know, MPC is a huge place. And it all looks the same. By this point in my outing, I had run for about a half hour and been walking for almost another half hour. In the sun. With no water. I was pretty done, but had no clue how to find my way out.

What I did stumble across was a gorgeous garden area with fountains, a little greenhouse and a waterfall. It was obviously the area for people who have been cremated. And it was beautiful. I took a little moment and strolled through, trying not to look too inconspicuous in my sweaty gym clothes. I silently wished all the fatherly souls a Happy Father's Day and I remembered how lucky I am to still have a dad who is healthy and happy.

It turned into a nice detour. And eventually I found Yonge Street and stumbled home, where the DP was waiting with a big glass of water.

And now I must leave you, because I need to prepare for the Tony Awards! It's my favourite night of television. New show tunes. I'll never stop being that geek, so don't even try to tell me it's not cool!

Total debt: $6600 and a bit (I'm getting tired with the 6000s already)
Spent today: $1.48 (I used $5 worth of Optimum points, so this was all I had to pay for some drugstore essentials!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails