Friday, June 6, 2008

Whiny wine

Summer is not a fun time to be on a budget.

Today was the first truly hot day. The kind of day when you really could leave the house without a jacket and not have to worry. The perfect day to meet up with your friends after work and have dinner on a patio.

Except that dinner on a patio costs money.

So what did I do? I went to the gym, since I've already paid for that privilege. I went to the library, to get some free magazines out, since I can't afford new ones. I went to the wine store and bought a big bottle of wine, which was as close as I could come to cocktails on a patio.

And then I came home.

Are you depressed yet? Because I know I am.

And the annoying flip side to that depression is that today is payday and I'm just as upset that I had to spend a few hundred dollars paying off my credit card rather than reducing my debt further. I sill made a decent loan payment, but it could have been better. Not that I think I made any mistakes with my credit card purchases - the new denim skirt is fantastic - but taking away from my planned payments makes me feel further away than ever!

Maybe I just need to suck it up and accept that it was all those fun, impromptu patio dinners that got me into this position in the first place.

Total debt: $6600 and a bit (No more $7000s!)
Spent today: $13.95 (Hello, wine!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will happen - you are way closer than you were in January when you started this journey!

The next time I am in the T-dot I will def come over to your place for drinks at Tammy's Patio... No need for expensive places and better atmosphere I am sure! ;-)

Tammy said...

Thanks for the kind words. Do you know that the big bottle of wine lasted until Wednesday night! Not bad for $13!

Related Posts with Thumbnails